To get a job now you need to have a fancy degree and have travelled around the world trying to win the fight over poverty. Fair enough it is good to have qualifications and degrees in your pocket and had some work experience. But, today we are swamped with work and exams and have no time just to enjoy life. You only get one shot at life and we are too busy stuck in offices and schools kissing everyone elses butts.
I applied for a job (not going to mention which company) but the job I applied for was a simple part time job and descent pay...HOWEVER...you had to have perfect grades, work experience and everything else under the sun. I'm sorry but the job was not serving the Queen and trying to fight terrorism. It was a simple customer assistant job and they were expecting this straight A kiss ass person for the job. Obviously companies need some standards but employing perfect people is not always going to make the company successful. If I go into a shop, I don't want to be served by this posh, snotty person who thinks they are better than me because they have a degree. I want someone that is friendly and can answer any questions I may have. I know, I'm ranting on but it bugs me because they expect so much from people and every exam I go into I think, is this going to get me a job or will I end up working in Asda for the rest of my life? Hey even Asda are wanting people with degrees. What next? You can't walk into a shop without having your certficate from Edinburgh University saying "Butt Kisser 2011". I'm not wanting to turn into the posh kids I see uptown with their designer clothes with their Daddy's credit card in their snake skin purse. I'm keeping my dignity and hey if I don't get straight A's at least I can hold my head up high and say "hey I did my best!" Some of the most famous and smartest people in the world left school with no qualifications and achieved their dream.
...And breathe. That's my rant for today. Let's see what else can I complain about
Boom Boom
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment