Tuesday, 24 May 2011

EMF 5km Run

Morning,
On Saturday I completed my first ever race. Managed to finish it in 43 mins 56 secs.
The charity I supported was Macmillan Cancer Support in memory of my Grandad :') The work that they do is amazing and deserve all the help and support they need.
So far I am at roughly £77 but hopefully in the next few weeks will get a few more sponsors. Must say though, my uncle Frank has raised £700 for St. Columbus Hospice which was where my grandad was when he was ill. Well done Frank, so proud of you, made grandad proud. :)

Saturday was very emotional. I could feel his spirit with me and definatly helped me get through it. One point I broke into tears, just overwhelmed with the support and how the money raised would help so many people. For definatly be keeping up the running and continue to do races to help as many charities as I can. One step at a time.

Boom Boom
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment